December is traditionally a time for giving. Following the success of ROWvember (link) and STEPtember (link) which raised over £6,000 for charity, in 2023 Associated Architects are coming together to undertake Givemaas: giving our time, money, and support to others at Christmas.
Arranged by the practice’s CREAATE (Social Value) Working Group, staff from all three offices will be taking part in a wide variety of activities including:
- Taking part in the St Basil’s Big Sleep Out on December 1st raising vital funds to provide essential support to young people at risk of homelessness.
- A group blood donation.
- RIBA Ambassadors sessions on sustainable construction to Year 12 Archbishop Ilsley students in Acocks Green, Birmingham.
- The practice’s Green Team will be delivering a workshop with University College Birmingham T Level students on sustainable construction.
- Supporting the Homeless with Lets Feed Brum.
- Christmas Jumper Day for Save The Children.
- Taking part in a careers talk at The Swan School in Headington, Oxford.
- A collection for Birmingham Central Food Bank.
- A collection of gifts for Birmingham and Solihull Women’s Aid service users and their children.
- A collection of warm clothing items for Birmingham City Mission.
- Training to become Birmingham Digital Futures ambassadors with the University of Birmingham.
- Taking part in student reviews at schools of architecture at De Montfort University Leicester.
- Hosting a visit for University of Wolverhampton School of Architecture students.
- Volunteering at Leeds Coppice Workers to restore and manage neglected and underused woodlands in the Leeds area.
The Practice’s Social Value Lead Beth Astington said
“December is traditionally a time for giving which is why we chose this month for our annual practice-wide charitable activity. The CREAATE working group have chosen a really wide range of causes to support, from women and children in refuges to the next generation of built environment professionals, and those experiencing homelessness via Lets Feed Brum and St Basils. Josh, Kyle, Elliot, Toby and I are taking part in this year’s Big Sleepout for St Basils, raising vital funds to provide essential support to young people at risk of homelessness. Please, if you can, donate to our fundraising page to help St Basils continue their essential work within the West Midlands.”
You can sponsor the team via the links below:
General / Beth Astington