Demolition and strip-out of have commenced of the Grade II listed Leicester College Hall, originally designed by Sir Leslie Martin and Trevor Dannatt around 1957 and completed by 1960. The University of Leicester require the conversion of this existing halls of residence into a Management Training Centre, with accommodation.
There will be three accommodation blocks A, B and C, a central facilities / social building, and Block E which will be extended to contain a new atrium entrance. The buildings are arranged around formal courtyards focused on the central amenity building. Blocks are generally of three stories constructed in brick with ribbon windows having flat roofs with zinc clad roof edges.
The building will be complete ready for the academic year 2013.